- Where are you based?
We are based at 27 Second Avenue, Maroochydore on the corner of Beach Parade and Second Avenue. There is parking around the back of the building.
- How long does a (NCS/EMG) Nerve Conduction Study take?
A Nerve Conduction Study takes around 30 minutes and results are given on the day.
- How long does a (EEG) Electroencephalogram take?
A Electroencephalogram takes around 45 minutes.
- Can I claim the fee through my Private Health Fund?
No, it is only rebatable through medicare. Private Health Fund is not applicable. We do provide online claiming.
- I have a referral, can I please make an appointment for a consultation?
Appointments can only be made once we have received a copy of your referral. We will then send you a letter out offering you the next available appointment. The letter will contain all the information you need to know regarding your appointment.
- How is a (NCS/EMG) Nerve Conduction Study conducted?
The nerve conduction study is performed by placing surface electrodes over the nerves, usually in the arms and/or legs.
- How is a (EEG) Electroencephalogram conducted?
Electrode sensors are attached to your head and hooked by wires to a computer. The computer records your brain’s electrical activity on the screen or on paper as wavy lines. Certain conditions such as seizures can be seen by the changes in the normal pattern of the brain’s electrical activity.
- Do you have wheelchair access to the building?
Yes, there is wheelchair access from our car park to the front door.